By raveena reyar sikandalous cuisine
Prawn Malai Curry
My first ever post in the grp ! Sunday Lunch Special !!
Prawns 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste 1 n 1/2 tbspn
Choti elaichi 5, moti elaichi 4 , Dalchini 4 small
Onion paste of 2 big onions
Green chillies 2 big( slit )
Coconut milk 1tin ( small)
Salt, turmeric , lemon juice n red chilli pwdr acc to taste .
1. Marinate cleaned n washed Prawns in ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric pwdr n lemon juice ( I took 1 huge sized lemon) for abt 1-2 hrs.
2. In a wok, heat ghee (abt 3-4 tbspn) . Add a tspn of sugar into this ghee n let it caramalise well. Once brown, Add the dry condiments, Choti elaichi + moti elaichi + Dalchini . Stir.
3. Add the onion paste . Bhuno well . Add in the green chillies after some time. Keep bhunoing .
4. Now add in a bit more of salt , turmeric , red chilli pwdr into this onion masala . I'd kept "em a little mild earlier in the marination as I like to add the rest into the paste while cooking . However, this is ur call totally. If added well in marination ,u cud obviously skip adding in more here in the onion paste . Keep bhunoing. mint green color items dressed by bridesmaid on sale
5. Now add in the marinated Prawns. Cook well till abt 5 minutes. The beautiful colour on the shells comes in here.
6. Lastly, add in the whole tin of coconut milk n Cook. Add in a bit of water if required. Let boil n Cook well till done.
Serve hot with rice .... RELISH !!